A lot is about to happen in the casual gaming console arena this week. So we thought of combining every little news into one report so that you remain updated on what is going on in the Android gaming console front.
NVIDIA Shield gets software update
Let us start with Shield. Shield is a portable gaming console from NVIDIA. It has been announced from its creators that it is getting a software update. According to NVIDIA, the update is already available and can be availed by going to Settings > About > System updates.
The full change-log of NVIDIA Shield software update 59:
- This time it has come with the ability to move selected app and game program (APK) files from SHIELD internal storage to the microSD card.
- It has improved Miracast streaming with Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro (requires ScreenBeam firmware release 188.8.131.52 or higher).
- The ScreenBeam owners can download the latest Actiontec ScreenBeam firmware and learn how to update the firmware.
- It has improved PC streaming stability, gamepad detection and great Wi–Fi performance.
- This time it will support for Tegra developer tools: CPU sampling profiler (Tegra Profiler) and GPU analysis (PerfHUD ES).
GameStick to ship GameStick Console in September
It was recently updated in a post on GameStick blog that the Kickstarter backers of Gamestick will get hold of their much delayed Gamestick units around mid-September.
But if you are not a Kickstarter backer, you may always order the GameStick from Amazon or GameStop for $79.99. It will begin shipping on September 30. Again, the Wikipad’s 7-inch gaming tablet will be arriving UK on September 2 at a retail price of £249.99 / €299.99.
This Wikipad will come with 16GB internal memory, micro SD slot, NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor, 2-megapixel front camera and a 7-inch HD display.
7-inch gaming tablet from Wikipad launching in UK on September 27
Lastly, according to a recent press release issued by Wikipad, it is confirmed that its 7-inch gaming tablet will go on sale in the UK on September 27th, 2013. It is expected to be priced at £249.99 / €299.99.
The Wikipad will feature 16GB of internal memory, micro SD slot, NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor, 2-megapixel front camera and 7-inch HD display.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Indian Funky Nightwear Brand for Babies and Kids Online - November 11, 2020
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019