The much awaited BMW i3 electric car is expecting a launch in India soon. The vehicle will be priced at around Rs. 20,00,000/- in Ex-show rooms. This car will be the pioneer in the four wheeler market in India. The unique electric car made as a part of BMW’s ‘Project i’ will be launched in 2014. It will be the first of its kind to be launched under BMW’s new sub-brand BMW i. The car is anticipated to be light-weight, eco-friendly and to be available as CBU.
External look, Style and Dimensions
The car looks stunningly great in pictures much as other BMW series. The dimensions will not more than 4 mtrs. The body is expected to be covered in carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) along with aluminium chassis. The kerb weight of the car will be less than 1200 kg. The interior is rumored to be reformed with recycled plastic, natural fibers and wood, proving the eco friendly factor. Makers opine that it will save more energy and water compared to other traditional cars.
Features of BMW i3 Electric
- 125kW motor running Li-ion batteries
- 150 km travel offering after a single charging
- BMW i Wallbox Pure AC fast charging facility
- 150 kmph top speed
- 0 to 100 kmph speed in mere 7.9 seconds
- Can choose energy consumption modes for driver
Engine Performance and Mileage
The BMW i3 electric will be powered by a 125kW motor and will run on Li-ion batteries. It will give 150 km mileage upon single charging. There will be a provision of BMW i Wallbox Pure AC fast charging too. With this the car can be fully charged in three hours. Maximum speed to be obtained is 150 kmph. The performance rating of BMW i3 is cool too – 0 to 100 kmph speed in mere 7.9 seconds. For energy consumption modes to the drivers, the company offers comfort, Eco Pro or Eco Pro+ options.
BMW i3 electric will be priced at Rs. 20,00,000 (Ex-show rooms) in India.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Indian Funky Nightwear Brand for Babies and Kids Online - November 11, 2020
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019