Are you of the outgoing type? Do you love to explore new themes? Well, good news for you if you are in Mumbai. This capital city hosts some of the best restaurants in the country. It is seen that theme restaurants are doing great business in India. And Mumbai is not left aloof too. It is seen that theme restaurants are now having pan-India presence. I am talking about the metros here.
Some of the most famous restaurants in Mumbai have been widely acclaimed in the world due to its ‘different and out-of-the-box’ themes they come up with every time. Ever heard of Condom theme restaurant of Bangkok or the one with toilet theme in Taipei? Well, Mumbai is not that bold however, we have our own share of restaurants to spend quality times with our friends or families.
What are your thoughts on having your dinner at a village when you are still in the city? Or you would love it in the jail? Below is the list of the top 10 best theme restaurants of Mumbai you can plan your dinner or lunch you are there the next time.
Here are the 10 best theme restaurants of Mumbai:
1. Village Restaurant, the Indian Village Theme
You will get the coziest feeling in this restaurant when you enter in for the first time. One moment you were engaged in the humdrums of city life and the next moment you are amidst the blissful village life.
It only has a onetime entry fee and after that you are free to enjoy food from as many varieties as you want. The owners have tried to create a pan India village restaurant with South Indian, Gujarati, Rajasthani plates among the dishes.
- Address: 1 st Floor, Raghuleela Mall, Behind Poisar Depot, Kandivali west, Mumbai.
- Address: 2nd Floor, Eternity Mall, Near Woodland Restaurant Teen Hath Naka, Eastern Express Highway, Thane West, Thane
- Address: Level 3, Raghuleela Mall, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Official Website : http://www.themumbaimall.com/mumbai/village/
2. Dara’s Dhaba, the Punjabi Dhaba Theme
The owner of this restaurant has skillfully bought the traditional Punjabi tadka with a unique setting for the people of Mumbai.
The restaurant has been reviewed by many front-line newspapers, magazines, and T.V channels and reviewed well. The food is amazing too.
- Address : Opposite Dhodia Petrol Pump, Western Express Highway, Ghodbunder Road,Mira Road (E), Thane
- Official Website : http://www.darasdhaba.com/
3. Hard Rock Cafe, Rock Music Theme Restaurant
If you are a diehard fan of rock music, this place will be heaven on earth for you. The restaurant organizes special shows on a regular basis. Videos such as the famous Indian Ocean band’s performance are stocked up for you.
- Address : Bombay Dyeing Mill Compound, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli Mumbai -400025
- Official Website: http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=455&MIBEnumID=3
4. Pratap’s Wild Dining, A Jungle Theme
At Pratap’s Wild Dining you will be totally satisfied at their level of service. As adults you may not be quite amused by the jungle theme of the restaurant but your kids will definitely be.
- Address : 3Rd Floor, Om Heera Panna Mall, Oshiwara, Andheri West, Mumbai Hanuman Nagar, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Official Website : No official website
5. Nawabganj Safari, the Tropical Rainforest Theme Restaurant
How about enjoying the Tropical Rain Forest while still in Mumbai? Well, this one goes further than Pratap’s wild dining and delves deeper into the jungle.
I am sure you would love to take a sip of your beer in the middle of a jungle.
- Address : Level 6, K Star Mall, Diamond Garden, Chembur, Mumbai – 400071.
- Official Website : http://www.bjngroup.in/restaurants/nawabganj_safari.html
6. Khau Galli, Indian Street Food Theme
In this restaurant Paani-Puri, Pav Bhaji and Mumbai’s omnipresent street food Vada Pav is bought under a single roof. Street food prepared in hygienic conditions for the conscious ones.
The over the top price is totally worth it.
- Address : Versova Shree Darshan Co-Op Hsg Society, 4 Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai
- Official Website : http://www.khaugalli.co.in/
7. The Jail Restaurant & Lounge, Jail Themed
Were you always enthusiast about jail food? Well, in that case, head on to this jail theme joint. The recreation of a jail is incredible and the food will cost you not less than 1000 bucks from your pocket.
- Address : 3rd Floor, Sindhudurga Bhawan, Above Grande Imperial Banquets, RTO Road, Andheri (W), 4 Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai
- Official Website : No Website
8. Firangi Paani, Bar & Pub Theme Restaurant
This place is an awesome mixture of excellent ambiance and great cocktails. The menu includes a long list of cocktails, margaritas along with great veg and non-veg cuisines. The music played on the backdrop completes the environment.
- Address : Kenilworth Shopping Arcade, Level 2, Above KFC Restaurant, Linking Road, Bandra West
- Official Website : http://www.bjngroup.in/restaurants/firangi-paani.html
9. 21 Fahrenheit, Ice Lounge Theme Restaurant, Mumbai
Now this one is literally cool. The concept of an ice bar is used with great success all over the world and Mumbai has tried it, that too successfully. Do not miss it.
- Address: 28, Meera Apartments, Oshiwara Link Road, Oshiwara, Jogeshwari West, Mumbai
10. Diva Maharashtracha, the Maharashtrian Food Theme
Maharashtrian food is not only about Puran Poli and Bhakri. Explore the variety and host of other dishes that is not widely known along with some international dishes as well.
- Address : Plot No. 29/30, Shop No.1 to 4, T.H. Kataria Marg, Next To Goa Portuguese Restaurant, Matunga (W), Mumbai
- Official Website : http://divamaharashtracha.com/
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017