Interview is the most crucial and vital part of the recruitment process in any company. It is through this sitting one gets an idea if you are qualified for the job or not. Companies use a lot of tactics to find a genuine person out of the crowd of the lots. They therefore prepare a lot of weird and toughest interview questions to raise the bar.
If you are preparing for your next big job interview, make sure you know the answers to the Toughest and Weirdest Job Interview Questions asked at Google, Facebook, Apple, Twitter, Amazon, Microsoft and a few more mentioned below. Even if you are not going to sit for these companies you will at least get an idea of how weird does they go while shooting questions.
Have a look at the toughest job interview questions thrown by companies:
1. Position: Product Manager, Company: Google
Question: How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
2. Position: Manager, Company: Amazon.com
Question: If you had 5,623 participants in a tournament, how many games would need to be played to determine the winner?
3. Position: Customer Sales Representative, Company: AT&T
Question: If you could be any superhero, who would it be?
4. Position: Software QA Engineer, Company: Apple
Question: There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?
5. Position: Software Engineer, Company: IBM
Question: How do you weigh an elephant without using a weigh machine?
6. Position: Product Manager, Company: Google
Question: How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?
7. Position: Recruiter, Company: Twitter
Question: Why wouldn’t I hire you?
8. Company: Jiffy Software,
Question: Have you ever stolen a pen from work?
9. Position: Call Center Candidate, Company: MasterCard
Question: Can you say: ‘Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper’ and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?
10. Company: Microsoft
Question: You have a bucket of jelly beans. Some are red, some are blue, and some green. With your eyes closed, pick out 2 of a like color. How many do you have to grab to be sure you have 2 of the same?
11. Company: Dell
Question: What songs best describe your work ethic?
12. Company: LivingSocial
Question: What’s your favorite song? Perform it for us now.
13. Company: Apple
Question: What kind of animal would you be and why?
14. Position: Product Manager, Company: Google
Question: Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.
15. Position: Technical Support, Company: Apple
Question: What are the best dates to run marketing campaigns in your country?
16. Position: Retail Sales Specialist, Company: Sony
Question: If you were to be a Sony product, what would you be?
17. Position: Merchandiser, Company: PepsiCo
Question: Do you believe in a higher power?
18. Position: Software Engineer, Company: Electronics Arts (EA)
Question: What was your biggest failing in your career?
19. Position: QA Automation Engineer, Company: Bit Torrent
Question: Dwarf-killing giants line up 10 dwarfs from shortest to tallest. Each dwarf can see all the shortest dwarfs in front of him, but cannot see the dwarfs behind himself. The giant randomly puts a white or black hat on each dwarf. No dwarf can see their own hat. The giant tells all the dwarfs that he will ask each dwarf, starting with the tallest, for the color of his hat. If the dwarf answers incorrectly, the giant will kill the dwarf. Each dwarf can hear the previous answers, but cannot hear when a dwarf is killed. What strategy should be used to kill the fewest dwarfs, and what is the minimum number of dwarfs that can be saved with this strategy?
20. Position: Administrative Assistant, Company: Google
Question: If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.
21. Position: Senior Recruiting Manager, Company: Amazon.com
Question: How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?
22. Position: Software Engineering Manager, Company: Apple
Question: Tell me something that you have done in your life which you are particularly proud of.
23. Position: Internet Marketing Analyst, Company: Facebook
Question: A Russian gangster kidnaps you. He puts two bullets in consecutive order in an empty six-round revolver, spins it, points it at your head and shoots. Click. You’re still alive. He then asks you, do you want me to spin it again and fire or pull the trigger again. For each option, what is the probability that you’ll be shot?
24. Position: Financial Analyst, Company: JP Morgan Chase
Question: Tell me a joke
25. Position: Manager, Company: Deloitte
Question: Which three people that you don’t know do you admire the most and why?
26. Position: Sales Trade Candidate, Company: Bank in London
Question: How do you fit a giraffe in a fridge?
27. Position: Sales Executive Role, Company: Software Company, London
Question: How would you explain Facebook to your grandma?
28. Company: Google
Question: If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour and the minute hands?
29. Company: Intel
Question: You have 8 pennies, 7 weight the same, and one weighs less. You also have a judge’s scale. Find the one that weighs less in less than 3 steps.
30. Company: Google
Question: How many cows are in Canada?
31. Company: Kraft Foods
Question: On a scale from one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.
32. Company: Marriott
Question: How would you rate your memory?
33. Position: Associate Consultant Candidate, Company: Bain & Co.
Question: Estimate how many windows are in New York.
34. Company: Amazon.com
Question: How would you cure world hunger?
35. Company: United Health Group
Question: Pepsi or Coke?
36. Company: Microsoft
Question: How much does a 747 weigh?
37. Company: Deloitte
Question: Would Mahatma Gandhi have made a good software engineer?
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017