Dance is an inseparable entity in the Indian culture. People are truly and madly fond of dance in this country. Be it in the weddings or in any dance reality show, Indians love to flaunt their signature moves. Various schools have come up with different dance courses by the best trainees. They offer courses of almost all forms of dances like traditional, folk or western. Every beginner is given the opportunity to be inspired and uplifted in these institutes. Most of the best dancers and choreographers who have been hogging the limelight today were from these institutes. They teach performing arts and excel students in their field of interest.
Below are the top 10 such dance institutes in India. Have a look:
1. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Bangalore
- Address: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, No.43, Race Course Road, Bangalore-560001
- Website: www.bhavankarnataka.com
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan is one of the most famous colleges with dance courses in Bangalore. It teaches Bharatnatyam and Kathak to its students. They offer both senior and junior diploma in both the courses through experts from round the country. The minimum age is seven years to permit admission. Equal emphasis is given to both practical and theory lessons to make its students eligible dancers in India.
2. Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai
- Address: Nalanda Dance Research Centre’s Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai , Maharashtra
- Website: www.nalandadanceeducation.com
Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya is affiliated to the University of Mumbai in the Faculty of Fine Arts. It is considered as one of the premier institutions in Mumbai with it comes to classical dance form. The course structure makes sure you land on excellent job opportunities owing to its systematic and academic approach. The institute provides Master’s degree in Bharata Natyam, Mohini Attam, Kathakali and Kathak. It also offers Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma and Post Graduation Diploma courses.
3. Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi
- Address: Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Central Delhi , New Delhi
- Website: www.gandharvamahavidyalayanewdelhi.org
This dance institute is affiliated to Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal, Vashi, Mumbai. It aims in popularizing Indian classical form amongst the masses through modernized methods of instruction, training of qualified teachers and restoring classical dance form as an integral part of Indian culture. The institute provides courses in Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, and Kathak dance form.
4. Visva-Bharati, Kolkata
- Address: Visva-Bharati, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in
Kala Bhavana, an extension of Visva Bharati is considered as one of the most reputed and distinguished centre for Visual Art practice and research in India. The institute aims in shaping the culture specific modernism that was started by Rabindranath Tagore. It offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in courses such as Rabindra Sangit, Hindusthani Classical Vocal, Sitar, Esraj, Tabla, Pakhawaj, Kathakali Dance, and Manipuri Dance.
5. Govt. School of Music and Dance, Andhra Pradesh
- Address: 5-86-6, Ashok Nagar 1st lane, Lakshmipuram Main Road Ashok Nagar Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522002, Nizamabad, Andhra Pradesh
This Government aided institute is affiliated to Osmania University. It is a co educational school offering courses in Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, Classical and Odissi dance form. The school has been around since the last four decade now and has trained several alumni’s in the country.
6. Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- Address: Gujarat University, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, India-380009
- Website: www.gujaratuniversity.org.in
The School of Performing Arts at Gujarat University offers an uplifted level of aesthetic education when it comes to finer art and dance forms. They teach their students that art has no barrier; especially performing arts with is explained even better in the institute. They offer courses in Kuchipudi, Kathak and Bharatanatyam dance form.
7. Terence Lewis Acadamy, Mumbai
- Address: Terence Lewis Acadamy, Mumbai
- Website: www.terencelewis.com
Terence Lewis Acadamy offers a Dance Pe Lo Chance Course that offers an intensive training ground of individuals and professionals who want to make it to the mainstream. They offer serious career option with their Diploma in Dance course with structured syllabus, Practical, Theory, Special Introductory Workshops, AV and Library classes and Annual Exams. Few of the major disciplines offered include contemporary, modern, jazz ballet and basic ballet technique.
8. Verve Dance Academy, Mumbai
- Address: Verve Dance Academy, Mumbai
Verve Dance Academy urges its students to awaken the inner artistic ability to help them understand the art of dancing. They offer to teach various forms and styles: Discipline and Structure, Freestyle and Fun. Their course material is made upon through research and mixing with various elements like Choreography, Technique, Body Awareness, Dance Fitness, Social Dancing skills and performance skills. Few of the courses offered include Cha Cha Cha, Salsa, Swing/Jive, Waltz, Ballroom, Tango, Hip hop and Samba.
9. Ansar Academy of Dance, Navi Mumbai
- Address: Ansar Academy of Dance, Navi Mumbai
Ansar’s Academy of Dance offers dance classes in various dance forms such as Salsa, jazz, Hip-Hop, Modern , Break, Rock and Roll, Ballroom-Foxtrot, Waltz, Quickstep, Jive, Salsa, Folk and Freestyle Bollywood. The academy provides its students the appropriate knowledge in training and making students understand the art of dance and its essence.
10. Delhi Dance Academy, Delhi
- Website: www.delhidanceacademy.in
Delhi Dance Academy has been featured on many lifestyle TV channel and newspaper and has also been awarded with The Best Dance Academy in Delhi. It is considered as one of the most visible dance institute on the Internet with highest social appeal/interaction. The students are offered Aerobics workout, Bollywood dance, B Boying and breaking, belly dancing, Contemporary dance, hip hop dance, Jazz dance, salsa dance course to find a reputable position in the country.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017