The face of India has totally changed in the last decade. Democracy is celebrated to the fullest and its impact is gaining authority. All thanks to the tremendous impact of media. This new age profession seems to be everywhere and the youth are getting more and more inclined to this subject. Many mass communication and journalism colleges have come up to teach the students to earn proficiency and learn the art of reporting in India. The functioning of media and the entertainment industry and the increasing demand for competent media persons have made this sector a very good career prospect for students.
Here are the top 10 best Mass Communication and Journalism Colleges which provide professional media degree in India.
1. Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi
- Address: JNU new campus, Aruna Asif Ali Road, New Delhi – 110067, India
- Website: www.iimc.nic.in
Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) is one of the best media schools in India. Affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru University, it was established by the Government of India in 1965 with the aim of teaching its students about the functioning of the media and journalism industry. It is a training and research institute that helps students to gain a position in the national media market.
Courses offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism (English), Journalism (Hindi), Journalism (Radio&TV), Development Journalism, Advertising & Public Relations.
2. Asian College of Journalism (ACJ), Chennai
- Address: Second main Road (Behind M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation) C.P.T Campus Taramani Chennai-600113
- Website: www.asianmedia.org
Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) is one of the most reputed journalism schools in India. They have designed their course to provide students with world-class journalism education to need standards at international level. They make their students proficient in multiple skills of contemporary journalist to gain a respectable position in the future.
Courses offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism with subjects like Reporting, Writing and Editing; Tools of the Modern Journalist; Key Issues in Journalism; Media Perspectives; and The Media, Law and Society.
3. Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
- Address: Symbiosis Knowledge Village (PG) Gram: Lavale, Taluka: Mulshi, Pune – 411042, Maharashtra, India
- Website: www.simc.edu
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication is another famous journalism college in the country. This professional institute affiliated to Symbiosis International University makes it students familiar to the multi-faceted needs of the media and communications so that they can become the face of this industry in the future. The institute is approved by AICTE.
Courses offered: Master of Business Administration (Communication Management) in Advertising (Client Servicing / Account Planning, Media and Creative – Art & Copy) and Public Relations (PR, Corporate Communication and Event Management); Master of Mass Communication (MMC) in Journalism (Print, Broadcast and Cyber Media) and Audio-Visual Production (Radio Communication, Television Production, Ad and Documentary Filmmaking and Film Studies)
4. Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
- Address: Erayilkadavu, Kottayam, Kerala, India- 686001
- Website: www.manoramajschool.com
Manorama School of Communication (MASCOM) is a famous communication school in India. It provides professional journalism courses to its students to help them understand the functioning of the media industry. They train students to think critically, quickly, accurately and interestingly and also understand the ethics of the profession.
Courses offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Full-time course in Print Journalism.
5. Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC), Mumbai
- Address: St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai – 400 001. India
- Website: http://xaviercomm.org
Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC) is another most popular professional media institute in India. It has been rated as one of the biggest non-government media centers in Asia. The college is equipped with good infrastructure, teaching facilities, computer lab, sound studio etc. that is needed to train students for effective media production.
Courses offered: Post Graduate diploma courses in Journalism and Mass Communications, Public Relations and Corporate Communications, Film, Television and Digital Video Production and Advertising & Marketing Communications.
6. Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM), Bangalore
- Address: No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main 5th Cross, 2nd Block, HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560043. India
- Website: www.iijnm.org
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM) is undoubtedly one of the most popular Post Graduate schools of journalism in India. This media school prepares it students with both theory and practice lessons to cope up with the increasing opportunities for employment in this profession. The students create original stories and publish them in bulletins as part of their field experience.
Courses offered: Graduate diploma in print, broadcast or online/multimedia and Post-graduate diploma in print, broadcast or online/multimedia.
7. Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
- Address: Kachnar 32, mudra institute of communications Ahmedabad, Shela Village, Off Sarkhej Sanand Highway, Gujarat 380058, India
- Website: www.mica.ac.in
Mudra Institute of Communication, established in 1991 is an autonomous non-profit media management education institution in Ahmedabad. It encourages its students with professional training, research and advocacy sessions to understand the demand of the rising media industry. This top media school provides its students with facilities such as magazines and e-journals, placement committee etc.
Courses offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Communications), Fellow Programme in Management – Communications (FPM-C) and Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Ex-PGDM.
8. International Media Institute of India, Noida
- Address: D – 59, Sector – 2, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India- 201301
- Website: www.imii.co.in
International Media Institute of India (IMII) is another most reputed media school of the country. The institute aims making the student meet the demand of the converging media world. They make them understand the professional communication and management challenges students are bound to face in the real world.
Courses offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Communication); Post Graduate Programme in Communications Management & Entrepreneurship; Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Crafting Creative Communications, Research and Data Analytics and Advertising Management and Public Relations; Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Communications); Fellow Programme in Management (Communication)
9. Time School of Journalism, New Delhi
- Address: 10, Daryaganj, New Delhi, DL 110006, India
- Website: www.timesmediastudies.com
Time School of Journalism is another leading media institute in India. It mainly focuses on the print media. The institute is well equipped with facilities such as various games, computer, hostel and placement facilities. They teach students to deal with the practicalities of the media industry so that they can become competent personalities in the future.
Courses offered: PG Diploma in Journalism
10. AJK Mass Communication Research Center, Delhi
- Address: Jamia Millia Islamia University, Maulana Mohammed Ali Jauhar Marg, New Delhi -110 025
- Website: www. ajkmcrc.org
AJK Mass Communication Research Center is one of the best mass communication institutes in India. It provides its students with on field lessons so that they can get a taste of the practical world of media. Few of the facilities include Library, Resource Centre, Radio Jamia, Canteen, Studios and Multimedia Lab. The institute also has a placement cell to help students land on the leading production houses, TV channels, radio stations and newspapers without much hassle.
Courses offered: Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication; Master of Arts in Mass Communication, Convergent Journalism, Development Communication and Visual Effects and Animation; Post Graduate Diploma in Broadcast Technology, Still Photography & Visual Communication and Acting.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Indian Funky Nightwear Brand for Babies and Kids Online - November 11, 2020
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019