Balancing does not always mean the art to balance work life. It has to be internal balance bringing equilibrium to the mind and soul. Biologically speaking, it is balance and equilibrium that helps us to stay upright and know where we are in relation to gravity. Actually, this balance system hold us and keep us up and running without tripping over. It is controlled by signals to the brain from our sensory systems.
It is generally seen that if the areas of life are not organized externally, you tend to lose your work-life balance. And internally if you are not being able to nurture your soul, you lose your my inner balance bringing distraction in impulses and mood.
Being organized takes the burden out of having to make choices and having to look for stuff whether they are your keys or a word document on your laptop. Here is a list of six ways to help you get organized and balanced. When you are organized, your mental energy is freed up to focus completely on the daily action which will help you accomplish your dream.
1. Sit down and calmly list your short and long-term goals. Even if you are the sort who hates to do this, try to do this just for once. If you don’t want to call them goals, think of it in this way. They can be three things that you want to have in a year and three things you want to have at the end of your life. Remember that organization is all about clarity. When you know what is most important to you, you can organize your time, space and life. If you know what you want of your life, trust me it will take all the distractions away.
2. Prioritize your action that needs to be taken each week in order to bring you closer to your goals. Put them in order of what you really want to get done and what it would be better if it was done. Make this to-do list the night before. I am sure it will help you sleep better.
3. List the most loved ones in your family i.e. the ones you want to ensure that you are actively nurturing the relationships. Make sure you put them into your week to call, see or connect with as much as you can. Visiting them adds to your positive energy and actually energizes you. List the people who you contribute to and make seeing them a part of your week too. Lastly, list the ones that networking with will help in some way to enhance your work/career/brand. Allocate time to each of these categories every week.
4. Clean up your space. Spend one day organizing your desk, workspace, dresser, cupboards, drawers and your phone and computer. Delete, discard, and recycle what is no longer useful. When you know where your staffs are, it will free up so much time. Researchers at the Princeton University Neuroscience Institute say, “When your environment is cluttered, the chaos restricts your ability to focus. The clutter also limits your brain’s ability to process information. Clutter makes you distracted and unable to process information as well as you do in an uncluttered, organized, and serene environment.”
5. I feel that the only way to bring balance to your life is to manage your time. If you give up the need for perfection in everything and trust and allow other people to do a few things for you, you will free up a lot of time and hence be able to consciously create balance in your life. Remember that good enough is always better than nothing and perfectionism can be an obstacle. Allow others to do things for you by trusting that they will do them well if you take the time to communicate CLEARLY. Learn to make powerful REQUESTS and practice saying “no” often to what you don’t want to do. Because this is a major problem most people face.
6. Ensure that you commit enough time each day in nurturing your soul. Sit in silence with yourself for sometime. Having what you desire is not just about doing and taking action, it is more about who and how you are “being”. I follow the philosophy of “see-be-do-have” – you have to first see where you are and what you want clearly out of your life. Only then you will turn out to “be” the person you need to be in order to complete your planned actions.
To sum up, step 1 to 3 help you to “see”, steps 4 and 5 are both about “doing” and step 6 is about “being”. I feel that “being” is the most important part, so take the time to sit with yourself, plug in, relax and allow your internal balance system to guide you towards your goal.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017