Considering on getting a plastic surgery is a huge decision in itself. It is quite tough because you normally get a single shot to get it done right. Today a lot of plastic surgery destinations are brewing up in the world. Of the lot it is rather difficult to land on the most reliable and effective one, especially when you choose a destination abroad.
There are a few important things you should know that will help you make the right choice. Of them the first will be to down the destination options you wish to consider for the surgery. But, hang on! Do not rush into it.
Here are a few important factors you should look into before finalizing your decision.
- Communication barrier: You have to know the procedures and your doctor well. Therefore choose a country where you are comfortable with the language. This is one of the most important factors for successful plastic surgery.
- Expertise of the Surgeon: Research about the skills and the educational background of the surgeon you are opting for. Also ask for the medical certifications from the medical councils which regulate the working of the surgeon. Degree from American Board or other international boards like FRCS or Australian Board is most reliable. Note that ISAPS is the International society that gives recognition to plastic surgeons.
- Facilities in Healthcare: Scrutiny the healthcare facilities you will be offered with. Have a thorough evaluation on how advanced the technology is, the kind of setup they have, if it is privately owned or under the government and about the JCHAO or ISO defining the healthcare standards. Understand that the better the standards of the facility and the skill of the surgeon, the lower are the risks of any mishaps.
- How much will the procedure charge: Before finalizing on any deal, check on the cost of the procedure. Different countries charges differently. The Asian countries however are much cheaper compared to the Western ones.
- Exchange rate for abroad: Look for the available exchange rate if you are considering on a surgery abroad.
- Political/ Social stability of the country: Do not choose a country that is politically or socially volatile. Even if it is cheap, they cannot guarantee your security.
- Look for references: Get references from people who have firsthand experience in surgery in the country you have opted for. Reviews over the internet are just not enough.
- Tourist destination spot: make sure the country has a few recreational and attraction spots. This way you can have a small vacation too, along with the surgery.
India as a sturdy competitor for cosmetic surgery
The beautiful culture rich land of India has also become a leading nation when it comes to cosmetic surgery practices. With context to the above India offers the following advantages for the medical tourists:
- Communication barrier: English is the second official language and hence communication does not seem to be a barrier in the country. People understand and speak English fluently.
- Expertise of the Surgeons: Medical practice is regulated by the Indian Medical Council in India. The system is strict. No private practices are sanctioned without studying stimulated number of years in medicine and practicing for a certain number of years. Again, most of the plastic surgeons in India are ISAPS certified as well.
- Facilities in Healthcare: India is up with some of the latest and sophisticated technology with JCI or ISO or NABH certifications. The private hospitals maintain international standards.
- Plastic surgery charges: The charges are lot less compared to Western countries like England, USA, Canada and Australia. Plus, there is no compromise in the quality of service offered in the country.
- Exchange rate for abroad: The exchange rate is quite favorable and make a lot of economical sense for European countries like US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Here is the figure:
1 USD=55 INR 1 GBP= 86 INR
1 Euro= 75 INR 1 AUD= 55 INR
- Political/ Social stability of the country: India enjoys the largest democracy in the world. It falls under the highest progressive countries in the world map. This land normally remains cool and stable.
- References: More than 200,000 medical tourists flock to India every year. You can look for references from the hospitals itself. They are always more than happy to show their reviews.
- Tourist destination spot: This culturally rich country is regarded as one of the best tourist destinations in the world. India remains lively with its unique and un-parallel culture, colors and festivals celebrated throughout the year.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Indian Funky Nightwear Brand for Babies and Kids Online - November 11, 2020
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019