The online market in India is fast picking up pace. Nearly all shopping sites in India have credit card, debit card, bank transfers and some other methods that a shopper can use to shop online. One of the easy, convenient and possibly the safest way to shop online is through Cash on Delivery payment method.
Cash on Delivery method is not a new concept as hotels and other establishments use the other term known as “Free Home Delivery” for this method. It is just the same.
Today, there are many sites on the internet that offer COD options. Cash on Delivery (COD) or Collect on Delivery is a method where people can initiate a transaction and buy products without using any credit or debit card. You make the payment when you get the item delivered. However, shopping sites that offer COD will verify your credentials before actually starting the process to ship the product.
The process of verification is not that tough. They send a verification pin to your mobile phone which you will require to enter on the website. Only then the product will be processed for shipping. Once your product reaches you, you can directly pay to the delivery personnel. Again, the verification method varies from site to site. Some may call you up and ask simple questions as your name, address, and the product you bought; and then start processing your order.
As the internet influence is more witnessed, the day is near when even in villages there would be a need for people of all pockets to buy products online.
Flipkart.com, Infibeam.com, and Homeshop18.com are some of the sites that offer cash on delivery option today. Flipkart.com offers COD on all products they feature. Infibeam.com has COD service for books, mobile (on low-priced mobiles), gift items and Ipods.
Through COD shopper can shop online and get their products from the comfort of their home safely without the issue of any threats. There are some sites that may have conditional shipping charges too. For example, Flipkart.com adds Rs.30 as shipping charges for orders less than Rs. 200. Different sites have different policy regarding shipping charges. Let me give you an idea for shopping in Flipkart. if you ever want to buy an item that is less than Rs. 200, go ahead and add any product such as a VCD, DVD of a movie which cost say for example 50 then in that way you will be able to save the shipping charges and get the DVD movie also. Smart move, right?
Flipkart.com is the most reliable and fastest growing shopping site in India. Here is how you can shop using the cash on delivery option on Flipkart.com.
Buying a Product on Flipkart via Cash on Delivery
Let us buy a book on Flipkart using COD for now.
- Go to www.flipkart.com
- In the homepage browse through the various products and select your item that you want to buy.
- Click on the product. It will take you to the product page
- The product page lists a small description of the product along with the price and users review.
- Click the “Buy This Now” link.
- A basic summary of the order will be shown where you can select to place the order or continue shopping for more items.
- For now let’s place the order.
- After that you’ll now have to create an account for yourself.
- Create your account by filling correct address, email address and your personal mobile number.
- An order summary of your item will appear.
- The order confirmation will be sent on your mobile number and on your email address.
- Finally select the Cash on Delivery option which is by default selected. Just enter the captcha code and click on “Place Order” link.
- Your order will reach you within the specified time.
Note: You can track your order by logging in your account. If you want to you can also cancel the order before it gets shipped.
A few other sites that offer Cash on Delivery shopping in India:
- InfiBeam.com (Only on Selected Items)
- Myntra.com (For Clothes and Other Accessories)
- Inkfruit.com (For T-shirts and Accessories)
- IndianPlaza.com (Only on Select Items)
- SnapDeal.com (Only on Select Deals)
- BeStylish.com (For Shoes – Additional Rs. 100 for COD)
- UtsavFashion.in (For Sarees and other Women Clothing and Accessories)
- ShoppersStop.com (For most items in over 1500 delivery locations)
- LetsBuy.com (For Electronics and other Gadgets)
- WatchKart.com (For Watches, Only on Some Pin Codes)
- Perfume2Order.com (For Perfumes and on selected pin codes).
- FirstCry.com (For baby, kids, and mother care products)
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017