You may not have excelled in your last exam due to some reasons. You are sure to be shot question about your poor and inconsistent academic performance during your interview session. In fact, the same will be on hot platter and be served to you by the interviewer. But, make sure it does not hold you back. You must be able to come up with an answer that sounds genuine and convincing at the same time.
Below are top 7 answers you may come up with for you inconsistent academic performance. Have a look:
1. You focused more on the practical areas
One of the smartest answers to come up with will be to say that you believe in doing things practically rather than learning about them in the textbooks. It is the reason to why your grades are not good. But your practical skills are good as you have been focusing more on that.
2. Show them a medical certificate
Medical certificate might help but not much. Tell the interviewer that you were indisposed before or during the exam and that are the reason behind your poor grades. Produce a medical certificate to substantiate the issue.
3. You find it difficult to put your matter on paper and that’s the reason why you opt for technical field
Penning down everything that they know in words on a piece of paper with a time sword hanging on your head is tough. But, that in no ways mean that you are not good at your subjects or lack the required knowledge. You will show your potentialities once you are hired.
4. You indulged more in sports and other extra co-curricular activities
If you are a sportsperson or into music or something creative and have been taking that seriously during your college days and have also won a few laurels for your college, those will really pay off this time. You can tell the interviewer about your passionate about the activity. The certificates will back you up. However, do not forget to mention that you are a changed person now.
5. If you are a medical student tell them that it is practicality that matters
You cannot ‘commit and vomit’ in real life. It is of no use to learn everything by rote if you don’t know what needs to be done in a real life situation. Let you interviewer know that you have done well in practical’s as it is what that counts the most.
6. Ensure that you will take a diploma course for the subjects that you have lagged in
Still not convinced with your performance? Ensure them that you are ready to take a diploma course in a subject that you have poor grades to become knowledgeable on the subject. It will be making an amendment to the previous low score in that subject and also at the same time you will be able to meet the needs of the organization.
7. Field work is important for management students
In management putting to practice what you have learnt is all that counts otherwise you will be in trouble. Tell your interviewer that you have interned in a similar organization and have the right knowledge that is required to work in such an environment.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017