Watches are not longer made for the conventional purpose of displaying time. They are upgraded and today are made to receive calls, check mails and the list goes on. When it comes to smart watches, they fall under the category of wearable devices and are available in different price range. Some of the most famous brands in this regards are the one by Sony which features a camera and a microphone and Galaxy gear from Samsung which runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Below is the list of the top 5 leading smart watches brands in India.
1. Samsung Galaxy Gear
- Samsung Galaxy Gear is powered by Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- It is compatible only with selected Android phones
- It may be compatible with Android handsets with Bluetooth 4.0 in the coming months
- It has a classy look compared to Sony Smartwatch
It is priced at 22,990 INR.
2. Sony SmartWatch 2
- Sony upgraded its earlier model with NFC feature to produce Smartwatch2
- It is completely water proof and is powered by Android mobile OS
- It has a 1.6 inch display
- It can be used to receive calls, text, Facebook and check e-mails
- Onetime charge is good enough to keep the watch running for 3 days
- It has no Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity
It is priced at 14,990 INR.
3. I’m Watch
- I’m Watch is compatible with iOS, Android and Blackberry 10
- It has a 1.5 inch display screen and a resolution of 240 X 240 pixels
- It runs on a customized version of Android known as I’m Droid 2
- It can be used to check emails, Facebook, messages etc.
- It can be connected via Bluetooth
It is priced at 13,999 INR.
4. Casio G- Shock GB 6900AB-1
- A low powered-Bluetooth 4.0 to the device to make it function smart
- It can read text messages and pick calls when connected to an iPhone via Bluetooth
- It is supported on phones with iOS 5.1 and above
- It is not compatible with Android devices
- The G-shock+ app must be downloaded from the app store
It is priced at 9,995 INR.
5. Sony Smartwatch 1
- Sony Smartwatch 1 is powered by Android
- It is the predecessor of Smartwatch2
- It can be used to access incoming calls, Google map and music player
- It has a color touch screen and weighs 26 grams
It is priced at 7,990 INR.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017