With Diwali just a month away I am sure most people are planning on buying cars in this auspicious festive season. Well, this year you do not have to compromise even if your budget is below 6 lakhs. It is seen that today diesel cars have a lot of advantages over the petrol models due to the increasing fuel price in the country. Advantages of diesel cars are many like providing good fuel economy, lower emissions and lower tax and no need for too much maintenance. These cars produce greater torque compared to other engines. Also note that lower emissions lessen the risk of accidents. I have come up with a list of the top 5 diesel model cars in 2013. Have a look at its features:
Ford Figo belongs to the Ford India family. When the car was first launched it was an instant success. In 2013, it came up with Ford Figo in 8 variant models and 8 different colors. It offers 2 years of warranty period.
- Highly efficient and trusted diesel engine
- Diesel 1399cc, DuraTorq engine offering 68 Bhp @ 4000 rpm of power and displacement of 1399cc
- Maximum expected torque of 160 Nm @ 2000 rpm
- Attainable top speed 160kmph
- Mileage offered 17.0 kmpl in city and 20.0 in highways
- Sleek and stylishly designed for smooth drive
- Boot space of 284.00 liters, tilt steering, 5 manual gears and a ground clearance of 168.00 mm
- Inclusion of fog lamp, ABS+EBD and 2 air bags for safety
Ex-Showroom price (Delhi): Rs. 3,84000 to 6,25000/-
Toyota Etios Liva
Toyota Etios Liva diesel car is awesome in terms of its looks and price tag that came with the motto “LIV TMRRW 2DAY”. The JD and GD variants are available below 6 lakhs. It ensures a comfortable and safe drive every time.
- Powered by 1.4-litre 67.1bhp 8V D-4D Diesel Engine making [email protected] power and torque of [email protected]
- Includes power steering, AC, ABS, brake assist, front disc break and rear drum brakes
- Available in 7 attractive colors
- Mileage of around 23 kmpl
- Braking and suspension fitted with front drum and rear disc brake
Ex-Showroom price (Delhi): Rs. 5,72,119-6,59,264/-.
Chevrolet Beat is another elegantly designed car with a much friendly price tag attached to it. It in available in 7 attractive colors viz. Olympic White, Linen Beige, Caviar Black, Misty Lake, Moroccan Blue, Green Cocktail, and Super Red. The company offers 3 of years warranty.
- Mileage of 25.44km/ltr in highways
- 936cc, TCDi diesel engine powers offering 57 Bhp @ 4000 rpm power and 150 Nm @ 1750 rpm torque
- Sleekishly stylish interior and exterior
- Disc brakes in front and drum brakes in rear for safety
- Available in four variants viz. PS, LS, LT and LT Option
- Base models with AC and power steering
Ex-Showroom price (Delhi): Rs. 3,73000 to 6,00000/-
Nissan Micra is a Japanese auto maker with an awesome price range. The exterior looks great with stylish design while the interior offers comfort and convenience.
- Powered by 1461cc
- 4 cylinder engine producing 64 Bhp @ 4000 rpm power and 160 Nm @ 2000 rpm torque
- Better performance in terms of fuel economy, safety and other comfort features
- Enough storage space with foldable back seats facility
- Available in petrol and diesel variants and 6 color shades
- 23.08kmpl of mileage
Ex-Showroom price (Delhi): Rs. 5.57 lakhs – 6.00 lakhs
Maruti Swift Dzire
Maruti Swift Dzire is economic friendly and easy to handle. It is available in Pacific blue, Glistening grey, Arctic white, clear beige, Bright red, Midnight black and Silky silver color shades.
- Includes refined engines, fog lamps, large head lamps, music system and new steering
- Automatic climate control and 16”alloy wheels make it more stylish
- Powered by a 1.3 DOHC diesel engine giving 74 bhp at 4000 rpm and 190 Nm at 2000 rpm torque
- Offered displacement is 1248cc
- 18.6 kmpl in the city and 23.4 in highways
- Features ABS, EBD, dual air bags, seat belt, and key less entry for safety and security
- Variants includes Petrol LXi, Petrol VXi, Petrol VXi Automatic, Petrol ZXi, Diesel LDi and Diesel VDi, Diesel ZDi
Ex-Showroom price (Delhi): Rs. 4,81,000 – Rs. 7,34,000/-
Leave us your comments on what do you think about our list. Which one do you plan on owing?
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Indian Funky Nightwear Brand for Babies and Kids Online - November 11, 2020
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019