Fashion has always been associated with the glitz and glamour industry. The creative heads crave desperately for a break in this industry. It has loose ends with the concept of self expression. Colors, designs, styles and culture closely related in this field. When it comes to the Indian fashion industry, many fashion schools have come up in the country to help aspirants climb the ladder of success and become well known personalities. Mumbai, the land where dreams come true has some of the most famous fashion training institutes in the country.
Read on for the top 10 best fashion design schools in Mumbai that teaches students the art of awesome crafting and designing to match both national and international standards. Have a look:
1. International Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD), Mumbai
- Address : INIFD campus, Near Versova Mhada Tel exchange, SVP nagar (4 bunglows Mhada), Andheri west, Mumbai- 400053
- Website : www.ishaneducation.com
International Institute of Fashion Design INIFD has been rated as the largest Design Institute in the global platform. It was established by world renowned designer Ritu Beria and is spread in around 180 centers across India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Dubai and other countries. It aims in placing its students in the international market and keep their standards high in context to the changing fashion demands.
Courses offered: PGD in Fashion Design, Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design and Certificate course in Fashion design.
2. India International Trade Center, Mumbai
- Address : 59, Nariman Bhavan, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India – 400 021, India
- Website : www.iitcworld.com
India International Trade Center (IITC) another premier job-oriented educational institute in India. The institute provides various professional courses and urges its students to participate in various activities like academic training, seminars and workshops. The courses are prepared with extensive research and intensive consultation with the top notch experts in the industry.
Courses offered: Advanced Diploma in Fashion Designing, Diploma in Fashion Merchandising, Diploma in Jewellery Designing, Certificate course in Accessory Designing, Advanced Diploma in Interior Designing, and other certificate courses like IATA-UFTAA & IATA-FIATA Training Programs.
3. Shri. M. D. Shah Mahila College of Arts & Commerce, Mumbai
- Address : Bhulabhai Patel Road, Malad(W) Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Website : www.mdshahmahilacollege.ac.in
Shri. M. D. Shah Mahila College is affiliated to SNDT Women’s University. This top fashion academy has been catering to the women education to groom them as fashion stalwarts in the industry. It is considered as one of the leading education organizations in Mumbai. Many alumni have made it huge in the fashion industry from this institute.
Courses offered: Diploma in Fashion Designing, Interior Designing, Textile Designing, Hair Designing, and Art & Craft.
4. WLC College India, Mumbai
- Address : Mathuradas Mills Compound, The New Mahalaxmi Silk Mills Pvt Ltd, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel West, Mumbai – 400013
- Website : www.wlci.in/mumbai.html
WLC College of India is another professional fashion training institution in Mumbai. This school of fashion allows thousands of young minds to understand the fashion industry and cope up with the vibrating and demand of the people. Their course tally in accordance with the international qualifications and standards and help students compete on all levels.
Courses offered: Foundation Certificate I course in Fashion, Foundation Certificate II in Accessory Designing, Intermediate Certificate I course in Fashion, Intermediate Certificate II course in Fashion, Higher Certificate I course Fashion etc.
5. J D Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- Address : JD, Hemu Arcade, Opp. Vile Parle Station (W), Mumbai – 400 056
- Website : www.jdinstitute.com
Established in 1988, JD Institute of Fashion Technology helps dreams come true in the fashion industry. It is considered as one of the top fashion academy in the country that helps in building designers of tomorrow and gives them a good standing in the national industry. The institute has been a part of the National and International fashion fraternity for a long time now.
Courses offered: Under Graduate in Fashion and Apparel Design, Creative Fabric Designing, Fashion Designing, Fashion Illustration, Fashion Photography and Jewellery Designing.
6. Raffles Design International, Mumbai
- Address : Hi Life, 2nd Floor, Phirozshah Mehta Road, Santacruz (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India – 400 054
- Website : http://www.rafflesadmin.com/india/index.asp
Raffles Design International (RDI) is the pioneer in designing training centers in India. Students are taught to compete with the international creative and business standards and help them gain exposure in every aspect. It is one of the best fashion designing schools in Mumbai with courses that focus on professional mastery and technical capacity.
Courses offered: Bachelor in Design in Interior Design, Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing and Management and Product Design.
7. Institute of Computer Animation and Design, Mumbai
- Address : ICAD 3, Pankaj Soc., Ambedkar Rd., Near Club IX, Pali Hil, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India- 400050
- Website : http://www.icad.co.in
Students at Institute of Computer Animation and Design are trained to carefully analysis their skills and potentials to stand up against the high competition in the market. Students are exposed to real-life production techniques in this fashion academy. Big names like HCL, WIPRO, TATA INTERACTIVE, SILVERLINE, UTV, USL, WESTERN OUTDOORS offer job opportunities to its students.
Courses offered: Diploma in Fashion Design
8. Atharva School of Fashion & Arts, Mumbai
- Address : Charkop Naka, Malad Marve Road, Malad West, Mumbai, – 400095
- Website : www.atharvamumbai.com
Atharva School of Fashion & Arts (ASFA) is an SMU approved Fashion school in Mumbai. Students are prepared for the real world through various assignments, personality development courses, live projects, team work, co-curricular activities, executive lectures and many more. Faculties are a unique blend of experience and expertise to help students excel in their field of production.
Courses offered: Bachelor of Science in Apparel and Fashion Design, Diploma in Fashion designing, Certification in Fashion Designing etc.
9. B.D.Somani Institute of Art & Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- Address : G D Somani Rd, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Website : www.bdsomani.com
Established in 1996, B. D. Somani Institute of Art & Fashion Technology, Mumbai offer young designers and artists career orientation education on design principles, methodology, concepts and project management. Various part time programs and professional courses are taught to guide students in the world of fashion.
Courses offered: Bachelor of Science in Fashion and Apparel Designing, Diploma in Fashion Designing, Fashion Business, Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management and Certificate Course in Fashion Designing, Fashion Styling & Accessories Design.
10. Changu Kana Thakur college of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mumbai
- Address : Plot No.-01, Sector-11, Khanda Colony, New Panvel (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 410 206
- Website : www.ckthakurcollege.net
Changu Kana Thakur Arts, Commerce and Science College is a grade A, NAAC accredited university and is known for its potential for excellence. Other than fashion it also provide courses on professional studies, business management, legal, technical, medical, agricultural, physical education etc.
Courses offered: Interior Design and Fashion & Textile Design.
Also check out the best Fashion Design Colleges in Delhi.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018