Kidney diseases are fatal because it is detectable only at the diagnosing stage. Let us first understand how important kidney is to our body. First of all its location. Kidney is found in sets of two on each side of the spine connecting the lower abdomen. It controls blood pressure; excrete waste products, balance electrolytes, acid level and control the amount of fluid in the body. But when for some reason they fail to work symptoms like vomiting, nausea and fatigue occur. The solution remains either dialysis or transplantation.
Well luckily, India is an international hub for kidney treatment. The Nephrologists, Urologists and surgeons of this country are counted among the top qualifiers across the globe. Best Hospitals like Apollo hospitals(Chennai), AIMS (All India Institute of Medical sciences, Delhi), Manipal hospital (Bangalore), Christian medical college(Vellore, Tamil Nadu) are world renowned for their infrastructures, high quality technologies & equipment’s.
Today we have compiled the top Kidney Treatment Hospitals with best diagnostics solutions in India. Have a look:
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS, Delhi)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS, Delhi) inaugurated its department for nephrology in 1969 to provide treatment to underprivileged patients. Renal replacement therapy is provided for the End stage kidney disease (ESKD) by top notch doctors of the country. Transplantation is accompanied by registration by the donor, laboratory test and blood group compatibility, physical test. The institute is also an international medical hub for kidney transplantation owing to its low cost.
- Phone no.: (011) 26588500, (011) 26589900
- Address: Safdarjung Enclave, Aurobindo Marg, Ansari Nagar, Delhi- 110029
- Landmark: Near Uphaar Cinema Hall
Estimated Kidney transplantation charges:
- Hemo dialysis and medicines: Rs 15000 per month
- Surgical disposition at transplantation: Rs. 35,000
- Post renal transplantation & medicines: Rs. 15,000 per month
- Donor and recipient work-up related with immunological testing: Rs 30,000
- Blood pressure and high cholesterol medications: Fee of cost
- Induction therapy, CMV prophylaxis: Extra charge after transplant
Christian Medical College, Vellore
Christian Medical College function its nephrology department in two wings: Nephrology I & Nephrology II. Availability for Pediatric nephrologists for kids is the major plus point of this institution. The dialysis unit (Artificial Kidney lab or AK lab) of the nephrology department includes 40 advanced hemodialysis machines for better treatment of its patients round the year. They also frequently keep on upgrading their instruments.
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Renal transplantation
- Diagnostic tests
- Patient education
- Nephrology research and education
- Address: Department of Nephrology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 632004, Tamil Nadu, India
- Phone: 0416-2282053
- Landmark: Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Manipal Hospital in Bangalore, Karnataka
Manipal hospital is the leading institute for Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy (LDN) in India. People from all around the world come here to seek for top notch yet affordable kidney treatment procedures. The hospitals hold the record of performing 1000 successful kidney transplant till date. Facilities include 600 bed, fully air conditioned room, high yield instruments with advanced medical technology, qualified team of specialists and world’s best nursing care.
- Pre Transplant work-up: 18 Days for the donor & recipient
- Duration of Stay in the Hospital: (Recipient) 10-15 days (Donor) 7 Days.
- Duration of Recovery stay outside the Hospital: (Recipient) 60 days (Donor) 14-21 days
- Phone no.: 080-2502 4444/3344
- Address: Manipal Hospital 98, HAL Airport Road, Bangalore- 560017, India
- Landmark: 98, HAL Airport Road, Bangalore
Fortis Escorts Hospital in Bangalore, Karnataka
Fortis Escorts Hospital is spread over 75 hospitals and includes more than about 12000 bed services. This JCI(Joint commission International) & NABH ( National Accreditation Board of hospitals) accredited hospitals provide just the right kidney transplant surgery service in India by highly qualified and experienced doctors in the field.
- Phone no.: (080) 67947301
- Address: 65, 1st Main Road, Seshadripuram, Bangalore- 560020, Karnataka
- Landmark: Opposite Indian Bank
- eGFR (estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate) available
- Well equipped dialysis machines
- Qualified, experienced doctors
- Kidney transplant package (documentation fee and other miscellaneous expenses included)
Coimbatore kidney hospital/Centre
Coimbatore kidney hospital is one of the best kidney treatment hospitals in India. It provides the best infrastructure and quality heath are service by excellent team of experts in the country. The hospital has successfully conducted over 18,000 haemodialysis and 200 kidney transplantation since its establishment. Treatment packages include Bed charges, OT, Anesthesia Charges, Professional Charges, Basic Investigations charges, Oxygen, Ventilation & ICU stay, General medications for recipient & donor and so on.
- Steroid Free Kidney Transplantation
- Stone removal
- Kidney Transplantation
- Transurethral Resections of the Prostrate (TURP)
- Address: 738-B Puliakulam Road, Coimbatore 641 045, Tamil Nadu, India
- Phone: 91 422 – 2312006 or 91 422 – 2312007, 91 422 – 2314487 or 91 422 – 2321542
- Landmark: Puliyakulam to Sowripalayam Road
We provide also list of best Cancer hospitals in India.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017