If you want to create and convey information quickly, use Infographics to send your message across. This is because the popularity of “creating info graphics” has reached a new height as more and more companies are using them to convey statistics, data and other important information.
Well, Infographics had to become popular owing to what they have to offer. Here are just a few of the qualities that make it a dynamic marketing tool:
Instantaneous and Convenient
Infographics as the name suggest presents information graphically. This means that they get to the point quickly and allow you to access information much faster compared to if you had to read through several pages of a document.
Innovative Content Presentation
Infographics allow you to reuse the content that has already been written by transferring it into an Infographic form. This allows you to expand your audience without duplicating the already-existing content.
Infographics has a premium illustrative quality which makes them visually appealing. It is a known fact that your audience is much more likely to be interested in an infographic rather than a lengthy text.
How to create info graphics
Infographics function as a step-by-step instruction manual. They are useful in making complex topics easier to understand.
Effective Product/ Service Promotion
Infographics comes handy in conveying the benefits of one product or service over another.
How to Use Infographics in Your Industry
If you are in healthcare, education, engineering, law enforcement or media broadcasting, etc. make infographics and important consideration to your profession. Some of the ways in which industries may use infographics are:
- You may use infographics in presentations, newsletters or other related research content. In law enforcement, infographics might be used to present crime statistics for a specific location in a given month. If yours is a nonprofit organization you may use infographics in newsletters to promote fundraising.
- It also functions as an excellent tool for social media exposure.
- Infographics when embedded with links proves to be beneficial in terms of SEO. Here is an example: the recovery center – 12 Palms Rehab started a blog and created monthly infographics and video-graphics. After months of creating and promoting these infographics, they were able to receive thousands of shares and visits.
- It has the ability to create content that has the potentiality to go viral and get the perfect exposure for a website or brand. If you’re an entrepreneur who has started your own business, infographics are a great way to help get your business off and running.
- They help you raise awareness of key issues. For example, in the healthcare industry, infographics can be used to raise awareness about medical identity or the rising costs of healthcare. In education, infographics can be used to convey information about bullying in schools or school violence.
How to Create an Effective and efficient Infographics
We know by now that infographics have become an indispensible trend in almost all fields. Let us now check how to create your own infographics. You may find several templates on infographics over the internet today, but generally the more effective infographics are the ones that you create for yourself. Well here are a few guidelines to get started:
Take out quality time to plan, sketch and brainstorm how you wish to present your infographic.
Understand when to be elaborate and when to keep it simple
Even if your visuals are very attractive, do not use it if it seems to block your data in any way
Narrate a story with your design
Always remember that the key to an effective infographics is a good story with a hook or attention-getter, a focal point, and a major takeaway. So, if you want to incorporate all these elements into an infographic, you will have to understand the various factors that make the data engaging significant and how can it be collected. Focus on the most crucial ideas to be conveyed and work on how it can be made more interesting.
Along with the story keep your infographics organized in the order of title, body, and conclusion. Your infographics should have a logical progression. Therefore structure your layout in such a way that the most important information is also the most emphasized and noticeable in the infographic.
A list of easy and dependable visual associations
An excellent way to become more efficient with infographic design is to develop a visual strategy for the most frequently seen types of data. Here are some examples on how to get started:
|Percentages||Creative Pie Charts|
|Yes/ No||Thumbs Up/ Down|
|Rise & Fall/ Direction||Arrows|
|Opinions||Speech/ Thought Bubbles|
Include humor when you can
Infographics should be made clever and humorous. Try to review the infographic through the eyes of your target audience for effectivity. Help them relate to it.
Keep your audience in mind
Consider your target group i.e. whether it is for formal, informal or business like approach and then decide on the choice of color.
Also consider how and where your infographic will be displayed and design it accordingly.
Do not make the mistake of using typography as a substitute for creative visuals
Focus on the objective always. Turn the data into snazzy, creative, easily understood visuals that is sure to grab your viewer’s interest.
Infographics have become popular for a reason – they work. Try implementing them the next time you need to convey information quickly and effectively and check out its result by yourself.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Indian Funky Nightwear Brand for Babies and Kids Online - November 11, 2020
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019