BSNL has been providing active broadband connections to its customers for a long time in India. It is considered as one of the most reliable connections in the country. However, one of the most daunting shortfalls of BSNL broadband connection is installing its configuration along with Wi-Fi process. To help you out, we have broken the tasks into a few easy steps. Have a look:
You need to know certain facts about BSNL before installing BSNL configuration settings along with Wi-Fi.
- The modems supplied by BSNL are strong enough to give you an uninterrupted broadband service either for residence and office use. The broadband modem usually belongs to Teracom or Nokia Siemens.
- BSNL helps in faster and reliable communication so that your tasks are executed on time.
Steps for installing a BSNL modem along with WiFi
- Open your favorite browser like Chrome or Mozilla and type http://192.168 1.1 in address bar and press enter. You can also check the best internet browser here for your computer. Check out which will be the best internet browser for your computer from here.
- It will ask you for your ID and password to configure the BSNL modem. The default username and password is admin i.e.
User: admin, Password: admin
- Go to advanced set-up or WAN. Click on edit over service as PPPoE and hit ‘next’.
- Do not change ATM PVC configuration. Hit ‘next’ to continue.
- Change the connection type to ‘PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)’. Click ‘next’.
- Feed in ‘PPP username and password’ and select a username. click on ‘next’ to continue.
- Do not change anything here and click ‘next’. Now save the settings.
The installation process is now complete.
Enable security of WiFi
I guess you know that if the WiFi connection is not properly protected, someone else might easily take advantage. Therefore, you need to secure it. Follow the following steps:
- On the left side, simply move to ‘wireless’ tab.
- Conduct the ‘security set network authentication’ with the following steps:
- Enable the WEP Encryption
- Set the current network key to ‘1’ and make the network key ‘1’ as ABCDE. It will be your password for Wi-Fi.
- Finally, save your ‘settings’ and reboot both the router and modem.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017