Owing to the poor sale in India, BlackBerry has launched BlackBerry 9720 in the country. The smartphone will feature the Blackberry 7.1 Operating System, QWERTY and touchscreen for hard key lovers while typing and a neat touch while gaming and BBM Voice – the new feature which will let users chat over Wi-Fi for free.
If you remember, earlier this year, BlackBerry had brought out its BB10 operating system and launched two devices – Z10 and Q5 based on that. Now, you must be thinking as to why the company is coming out with a launch based on the older OS. Well the answer is not tough. It is because it wants BB smartphones to be present across every mid and upper end price point.
The key specifications of the phone are:
· 2.8 inches (480 x 360 pixels) Multi-touch display, light and proximity sensor display
· Blackberry 7.1 Operating System
· Single core, 806 MHz, Tavor MG1 processor
· 512 MB RAM, 0.512 GB internal memory with expansion capacity up to 32 GB by using microSD card
· 5MP rear camera with LED flash
· GSM, 3G HSPA, Wi-Fi, EDGE, Bluetooth and GPRS for connectivity
· 1450 mAh battery to provide up to 7 hours of talktime and up to 432 hours of standby time
The device has a poor processor, RAM and internal memory. This might turn fatal but the surplus Blackberry fans may not mind this.
Just a few years back, Blackberry was found among the top three positions of smartphones in India in terms of sales. But today, it stands at the 7th position. We, hence, can definitely sense the urgency.
We are all excited to see if this new smartphone can ignite any sales spark for Blackberry. The new handset will be available in the market this week and will cost 15,990 INR to the retailers. If you are still a fan of the old school QWERTY keypad, touch and type smartphone, check out BlackBerry 9720. We hope you do not come out disappointed.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017