Shifting to a new house is a hectic schedule. To make the shifting smooth the first step to be followed is to organize all the things properly. You have to take into account a lot of things like packing of items to unpacking off all the items. To help you get through these problems, below are a few tips to help you shift to a new home.
- It is advisable to visit your new home one day before the final shifting and arrange for an exterminator. Even if you feel that your house is pests or bugs free, what is the harm in taking a preventive step? Because, once you do the shifting, it will be difficult to go for pest removal. Moreover, if you do the pest control before you shift it will not affect your pets and children.
- Thoroughly clean your empty house before shifting. Clean and wash the floors, windows, walls and baseboards. It is always easier to clean empty as you won’t need to move furniture, or take down the curtains.
- Wipe the bathroom and kitchen countertops, drawers and shelves.
- Visit the nearby market before hand to get an idea of the fruits, vegetables and other grocery items available in your new locality. It will come have when you throw your housewarming party. Moreover, you will need to shop simply to fill up your refrigerator.
- Buy napkins, towels and toilet paper in advance.
- Make an inventory list of all your belongings. It will come handy to keep a track of things while unloaded off the truck.
- Children are bound to feel hungry after the shift. Entertain them with beverages and healthy snacks.
- Don’t unpack all the items at once. This will make the entire shifting disorganized. Label the cartoons before you shift. After you shift, read the labels, and open the cartons as and when you need the items.
- You do not have to unpack all your items in one go. It will only make your shift rather disorganized. Label the cartoons before you shift so that you know where your things exactly are.
- Arrange each item in your new house in a systematic manner. For example, keep your refrigerator in kitchen, cupboard in bedroom and washing machine in bathroom.
- Unpack few clothes along with towels and napkins on the first day.
- Unpack a few toys for your children as well to keep them engaged.
- Cover your windows with linens. This will maintain your privacy especially in the evenings and night.
- Also buy a portable generator before the big shift in case your new locality has frequently power failures. Calculate your wattage requirements and buy a generator with the appropriate power capacity.
- You may also consider hiring a residential cleaning service for a lot smoother shift.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Indian Funky Nightwear Brand for Babies and Kids Online - November 11, 2020
- Children’s Boutique Clothing Manufacturers in India - September 25, 2020
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019