Millennials are those sections of people who were born between early 1980 and early 2000. They are expected to turn to the internet for all of their couponing needs. As the digital and printable coupons are plentiful, why to pay for newspaper?
But according to a report in the Sixth Annual RedPlum Purse String Survey, 51 percent of millennials chose newspapers as their number one source for coupons and deals. Other print sources include:
- 33 percent from the mail
- 21 percent from retail circulars
- 20 percent from coupon books
45% of millennials love to give or send physical coupons to friends and family. Well now it seems like paper still hold the ground.
On the digital side, 27 percent of millennials are found to be using mobile coupons but their usage does exceed that of the general population.
- 45 percent access a coupon in an email on their smartphone compared to 24 percent of all respondents
- 41 percent access a coupon code on their smartphone versus 24 percent
- 36 percent compare deals versus 20 percent
- 32 percent download a coupon to a loyalty card compared to 20 percent
The most important news for marketers is that millennials are more likely to share coupons and deals compared to any other age group.
Word of mouth – 71 percent versus 56 percent of the general populace
Text – 30 percent versus 19 percent
Social – 43 percent versus 29 percent with Facebook as their channel of choice accounting for 33 percent of their social sharing, 10 percent higher than overall findings.
The brick and mortar sellers must be pretty disappointed when they hear this. A majority of mobile millennials says they’re likely to pick out an item they want in a store but purchase it online.
- 61 percent for clothing / shoes
- 52 percent for household goods
- 55 percent for big ticket items
If you are considering coupons as a whole, the majority (85 percent) of millennials are looking for savings in the grocery store. Whereas 78 percent are looking for restaurant and clothing deals!
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Kids Celebrity Designer – Aastha Agarwal to showcase her collection at India Kids Fashion Week in Jaipur - September 7, 2019
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017