When I look at the kids today, I get amazed at their lifestyle. They are surrounded with every comfort and luxury. Yes! I have the perfect phrase for them ‘Live Life King Size!’ But that does not mean we had no fun. I feel myself lucky to be born during the 90’s. Kids today have confined themselves to the comfort of their rooms and gadgets. They are no longer much socialized. They are living and interacting in the virtual world.
For us, we had the pleasure to play and fight from morning till the dark. We hardly knew the computes or gamming. We would have a gang of friends with whom we did all the mischiefs with. We would prank call strangers and not worry about the ass beat by our parents, carry a phone book all the time… Undoubtedly, the best days of your lives and sadly our kids will never enjoy such mischief and pleasure.
Here are the top 10 things I personally enjoyed doing as a kid but my child will never do:
1. Letter writing or having a pen friend. What kids have today is Facebook and Tweeter.
2. Spending countless time on finding a friend in the phone directory.
3. Making prank calls to strangers.
4. Rewinding a tape to write down the lyrics.
5. Spending hours and lot of patience in making a mix tape.
6. Working with film roles and redeveloping photos from negatives.
7. Watching CRT television with big belly back.
8. Watching Tom and Jerry and laughing all the way with Disney cartoons.
9. Playing with friends till its dark.
10. Our way of texting in class was much different.
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017