Summer is a beautiful time if you want to pay a visit to Karnataka. I am sure you must have had many options planned in your mind for the next summer vacation with your kids like Goa, Ooty, Kodaikanal and other places. Try considering Karnataka for a change. The state houses quite a few beautiful places for you to explore. Read on for the top 5 Best places you can visit in Karnataka this summer:
Coorg is famous in Karnataka for exporting some of the best coffee, tea, pepper and other spices in India. Coorg (or Kodagu in local language) has stunning picturesque and is sure to make you fall in love with the place at the first sight. Madikeri, the headquarters of Coorg, is also sometimes called Scotland of India. From the home stays there you can enjoy the beautiful coffee and tea estates too.
If you want to enjoy the beach this coming summer, think no more and get tickets to Gokarna. If you love to explore religious places and later want to spend some time on the beach this will undoubtedly be the best option for you. Gokarna is a holy place for Indians with mythological significance. Gokarna is a holy place for Indians which has a mythological significance and has the famous Mahabaleshwar temple situated on the beach. The temple used to be off limits to non-Hindus, but with changing times, it may be available for special visits.
3) Nagarahole National Park
The Nagarahole national park is one of the top national parks in India. It is a beautiful natural habitat for elephants. The forest provides a blissful panorama with its unspoilt wilderness, tranquil lake and bubbling streams. Nagarahole can be explored by elephant back, jeep or boat. And if you love trekking, this place is ideal too.
Bheemeshwari is ideal for nature camping and fishing. Bheemeshwari is also known as the Cauvery fishing camp. If you love fishing this place is definitely worth a visit. Bheemeshwari nature camp is home to the world renowned “Mahseer” which is one of the largest sport and fresh water fish. The nature camp also provides adventure to its visitors. Various activities include fishing, coracle riding, rafting and trekking in the forest, etc.
The hill station of Kemmanagundi is situated in Tarikere taluk of Chikmagalur district. It is beautifully ringed by the Baba Budan Giri hill range with mountain streams, lush vegetation and ornamental gardens. The spectacular view of the sunset from the Raj Bhavan is awesome. Kemmanagundi was the summer retreat of King Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV and as a patronage it is also called Sri Krishnarajendra Hill Station.
These are only some of the popular places you can visit in Karnataka during summer. Do feel free to add some more places you have visited or would like to visit during summer.
- places to visit in summer in karnataka
- best tourist places in karnataka for summer
- best tourist places in karnataka during summer
- best places to visit inkarnataka during summer
- best places to visit in sumner in Karnataka
- best places to visit in summer in karnataka
- best places to visit in karnataka in summer
- best places to visit in karantaka in summer
- Best place to visit in summer in karnataka
- best place for summer vacation in karnataka
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017
- 5 of the Best Designer Children’s Fashion and Lifestyle Boutiques in Jaipur - January 17, 2017