Ask any kid about his/her less favorite subject. Trust a wide majority will say Mathematics. Children simply love to hate math. Solving a complicated math problem is equivalent to third degree torture for them. They ripe young minds fail to understand the fact that math is definitely the cornerstone of their academic success in the future. Good math skills will also help them in their day to day lives. No one can ignore math. So, why not make your child grasp basic mathematical concepts so that they do not have a phobia of mathematics during higher studies.
How to improve math skills?
A lot of parents are seen asking this question as they worry for their children’s studies and future. Well, do not. There are many ways in which you can improve the conceptual understanding and mathematical skills of your children. And the fun part is, you don’t even need to do it through boring activities that includes the classic forcing children to practice mathematical assignments every day. Instead, introduce your child to some fun activities to improve their math skills this fall. Here are few of those ways.
Summer activities to improve math skills
- One of the beat summer activity will be to hire an efficient and friendly tutor who can effectively improve your child’s mathematical skills. The tutor must be able to attract the attention of your child and keep them engaged with their fun and interesting teaching skills. Math tutors act as a friend, philosopher and guide for your child. Choose one wisely as your decision will make a huge difference in your child’s career.
- Is your child very much into games and sports and do not pay heed to mathematics altogether? In that case, how about the idea of fusing games with mathematics? You can try out board games or card game to help your child understand the value of numbers. For older kids engage them in games like monopoly or cribbage. Yes they are advanced and therefore work as a great tool in motivating and encouraging them intellectually.
- Shopping is of a great help to improve the math skills of your child. Take them along and ask them to calculate the price of a discounted item or make them calculate the sum total of your shopping cart.
- You may also try playing riddles or guessing games with your kids as these are both fun and also help your kids to improve their math skills. For example, ask your child to think of a number which is more than 60 but less than 80 and is a product of 9 and 8.
It does not matter the kind of summer activity you choose, all you need to do is to make sure that your child is having fun. Because no conventional teaching methods exits only twists and turns!
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Most Interesting Indian Mom Bloggers & Blogs to Follow - October 18, 2018
- Unique Traditional Wedding Outfits From Around the World - February 13, 2017
- 10 Best Mesmerizing Perfumes Brands to Buy For Indian Men - January 31, 2017