The Indian Government did announce the implementation of a unique identification number or Aadhaar card (something like the social security number in the US) for every citizen in India, four years ago. So, people were seen in a rush to resister and get their Aadhaar card as soon as possible. In addition, the government a decided to make it a mandatory document in government schemes, banks, schools and as such the urgency further fueled up. Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the agency responsible for implementing the Aadhaar card, has several enrollment centres across the country. But the procedure is hassled with long queues to acquire the form. With the form, the particular person will also be assigned with a specific day for enrolling. If you are lucky enough, you may get your date the very next day or have to wait for long months. After that comes the submission phase, where you will have to submit the Aadhaar application form along with other required security checks.
UIDAI, to avoid this long commotion and confusion, has decided to go online with a few selected cities like Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra already in action. Citizen of these areas can book an appointment for enrolling for Aadhaar online. It is just a trial-based facility and is expected to extend to other parts of the nation as well. Once the online appointment is fixed, an appointment slip will be generated with a token number and other details of the schedule. But, due to any reason if you cannot make it on the day of the appointment, UIDAI has also provided the facility to re-schedule or cancel the appointment.
However, the usual process of getting your photograph clicked through the webcam, fingers scanned and fill in all the essential details is left undisturbed. For those who have gone through all these processes and haven’t yet received their Aadhaar card can simply download it online. Only make sure that still have the acknowledgement receipt given at the enrollment centre. The printed copy can be directly used as the “official card” without the need for any authoritative signature.
The downloading process is very simple.
- Go to the e-Aadhaar page and feed in your details, such as the EID number, date and time, along with Resident Name and your area pincode.
- It will verify your mobile number showing if the last four digits match.
- Click on “Yes” or click “No” accordingly. It is possible to change your mobile number in case it is incorrect.
- You will be provided with a one-time password (OTP).
- You will get the key in the password and also the link to download the electronic version of your Aadhaar card.
A few other points to remember:
- The e-Aadhaar card is password protected. The file will ask for a password. You may key in your area pin code to access it.
- But you see the “validity unknown” icon on the e-Aadhaar, follow the mentioned procedure:
- Right click on the “validity unknown” icon and click on “Validate Signature”
- On the signature validation status window, click on “Signature Properties”
- Under Signature Properties, click on “Show Certificate”
- Check for the certification path named “CCA India 2011”. This means CCA India is identified as the owner of the digital signature that has been used when signing the document.
- Mark the certification path named “CCA India 2011″ and click the “Trust” tab followed by “Add to Trusted Identities”
- Answer “Ok” to any security question that follows
- Check (v) the field for “Use this certificate as a trusted root” and click “OK” twice to close it and also the next window
- Click “Validate Signature’” to execute the validation
- After “CCA India 2011” is identified as a Trusted Identity, any subsequent documents with digital signatures from CCA will be validated automatically when opened
You may also contact UIDAI directly by writing to them at email@example.com or via the toll free contact number 1-800-180-1947.
- download aadhar card resister in January 2016
Latest posts by Akshay Agarwal (see all)
- Kids Ramp Walk in Contemporary Collection For Brand PinkBlueIndia - June 8, 2016
- Jaipur Kids Ran in Juniorun Marathon With Great Enthusiasm - April 27, 2016
- 10 Best Offset Printing Press Companies in India - March 5, 2016